Which websites does this policy apply to?
This policy applies to Compana, as well as Compana’s affiliates and brands. A complete list of Compana’s brands and affiliates to which this policy applies is located here.
What are cookies?
What types of cookies does Compana use on its websites?
Compana may use a variety of cookies on our website, and the sites of our affiliates and brands. Though each of our websites is different and may use different specific cookies, any or all of the following categories of cookies may be used on our sites:
- Preference. These cookies allow our website to remember which products you place in your sample bag, as well as your login credentials, if you create an account on our website. These cookies are non-essential cookies.
- Functionality. These cookies help us ensure that the websites function properly. These cookies are essential to the functioning of our website.
- Advertising. These cookies are used to provide you with more relevant advertisements. These cookies are non-essential cookies.
- Analytics. These cookies assist us with learning more about how users and visitors use our websites, including pages visited, how much time is spent on each page, and similar information. They allow us to understand how you found our website or the products you are viewing. These cookies are non-essential cookies.
- Security. These cookies allow our servers to mitigate the risk of information leakage attacks by ensuring that requests are submitted to our websites from proper domains. These cookies generally cannot be disabled because they are essential to the functioning of our website.
- Third-Party. These cookies are placed by our service providers, such as Google which provides us with analytics services, Stripe which assists us with processing payments, and Shopify which provides us with analytics services and allows us to remember your shopping cart preferences, among others.
As mentioned above, in addition to cookies, we may also use technologies known as pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, and similar technologies. These technologies may be used by us in connection with some online services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the online platform (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the online experience and response rates. For the purposes of this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
How long do cookies stay on my computer, smartphone, or other device?
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two general types of cookies on our websites:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use one of our websites (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using one of our websites). Session cookies help a website remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information and improving your experience while using that website.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited a website, for example, so that the website remembers you the next time you visit. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique user/visitor of one of our websites.
Can cookies pass on my Personal Information to others?
Compana will not sell (in the traditional sense of the word) any Personal Information gathered through cookies on any of our websites to third parties. However, as listed above, we may use third party cookies on our websites to help us enhance the user/visitor experience. We may also share information we collect from cookies with our service providers, affiliates, and other third parties. We share this information in furtherance of our legitimate business interests, including to assist with our marketing and analytics efforts, among other purposes. Some of these sharing activities may constitute a “sale” under the definition of certain state consumer privacy laws. For more information on how we share and/or sell data, the categories of information we share and/or sell, and to whom we share and/or sell it to, please read our Privacy Notice, available at https://naturalcarepets.com/privacy.
Can I control or manage cookies on my computer, smartphone, or other device?
You can control or manage cookies on your device using your browser settings. The browsers of most computers, smartphones, and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for any website, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s “help” function will tell you how to do this. Most browsers will also allow you to clear your cookies, if you wish to remove cookies currently stored on your device. However, please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our websites. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how a particular website works. To find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What about cookies that have been set in the past?
Collection of your data/information from our non-essential cookies can be deleted. If cookies are deleted, the information collected prior to the preference change may still be used, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information when you visit our websites.
Can I control third parties’ cookies?
Third party cookies are cookies set by someone other than us for purposes of collecting information on user behavior, demographics, or personalized marketing. When using our websites, you may encounter embedded content or you may be directed to other websites for activities such as surveys, to make payment, or for job applications. These websites and embedded content may use their own cookies. Please note, we do not have control over the placement of cookies by other websites, even if you are directed to them from our websites.
What if I have additional questions?
Compana Pet Brands LLC
Attn: Privacy Manager
707 Spirit 40 Park Drive
Chesterfield, MO 63005